Remember when I wrote about the GOMBBS, the five foods that fight cancer; greens, onions, mushrooms, beans, berries and seeds? While I save my berries and seeds for my smoothies, I managed to create a delicious recipe with the rest of them!
This is a perfect dish when you’re craving some comfort-food but would rather not deal with the inevitable guilt…
Here’s the recipe for you.
Gluten Free Pasta with Greens and Mushroom Sauté
1 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa pasta (penne or fusilli works great)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms of your choice
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cooked adzuki beans (but any other beans would work here too!)
2 cups chopped kale
1 small can of anchovy filets, finely shopped
1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
- Heat a deep pan or skillet, add the olive oil and minced garlic
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 5 minutes
- Cook the pasta according to the package instruction. Drain and set aside
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli, sauté for another few minutes
- Toss in the kale, cooked beans and anchovies.
- Finally toss together the pasta with the sautéed vegetables.
- Add in the basil just before serving.
If you liked this recipe, you might want to check out the other recipes on my blog too!
To get more recipes, tips and trick straight to your inbox! And make sure to sign up for my newsletter.
Let me know how you like it! Share it with your fellow gluten-free explorers. You can find more goodies on my blog.